Job ID: 491829
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides Portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. We stand together to reinvent the way our world is built. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
At Ash Grove Cement, people are our first priority. We offer a complete benefits package and opportunities for your continued growth and development!
This summer internship is meant to provide individuals with hands-on experience at our corporate office in Overland Park, Kansas with our safety team. Interns will be assigned a corporate mentor and over the course of 10-12 weeks, complete a variety of safety-related projects (MSHA). There could also be site visits to our cement plants to see our safety and environmental programs in action. At the end of the summer, interns will present on their experience to Ash Grove corporate leadership. Internships can and have previously led to offers for full-time jobs post-graduation. Projects taken on by our interns make a real difference for our company. Candidates should have relatively open geographic availability. The company will relocate candidates to the sites that match their skill set and development.
What you’ll be contributing:
- This internship will last 10-12 weeks. Relocation assistance and housing will be provided.
- Interns typically complete a variety of safety projects with various teams at our facilities
- Towards the end of the internship, interns will be expected to present on their completed projects to their peers and to corporate leadership at our headquarters in Overland Park, Kansas
- As part of this internship, you get hand-on experience in industrial manufacturing specific to the cement production process and propose changes to improve operating costs, efficiencies, environmental impact, and safety
To succeed in this position, you will need:
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s Degree program majoring in physical sciences, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, environmental engineering or sciences, mechanical engineering, metallurgical engineering, mining engineering, chemistry, or Occupational Health & Safety are required.
- Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and have at least one semester of school after the internship are welcome to apply.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work with deadlines
- Must be able to communicate effectively and conduct themselves professionally
- Must demonstrate strong sense of urgency and proactive approach
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
What’s next for you?
We provide stability and advancement opportunities across North America. Use our tuition reimbursement program to help you meet your career goals.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. The physical demands, working environment, and other conditions of employment listed in this document are representative of but are not intended to provide an exhaustive list of the requirements for positions in this classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
If you live in or are applying for a position in the following locations: Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri (Kansas City only), Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio (Cincinnati and Toledo only), Oregon, Pennsylvania (Philadelphia only, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington State you should NOT answer the salary question below. Please enter “N/A” in the text box.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Jan 22, 2024
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City