THIS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY IS LOCATED IN LAS VEGAS, NV. MOVING AND HOUSING ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY.
Southwest Gas Corporation is engaged in the business of purchasing, distributing, and transporting natural gas in portions of Arizona, California, and Nevada, serving over 2.8 million customers. Southwest Gas is the largest distributor of natural gas in Arizona and Nevada, serving large metropolitan areas including Phoenix, Tucson, and Las Vegas. In addition, Southwest Gas serves customers in portions of California, including the Lake Tahoe area, and the high desert and mountain areas in San Bernardino County.
The excellent service we provide our customers is ignited by our dedicated employees. We are always looking for talented individuals to join our natural gas family. Southwest Gas is the perfect place for those who wish to build up the communities we serve.
We are looking for an intern(s) to join our Construction Office Team for an eight to twelve -week period that falls within early March to late August (time frames are flexible and dependent on when intern can start). The internship requires 30 hours of work per week in an office environment at our North Operation offices located in Las Vegas.
The ideal candidate will have a solid base knowledge of Business and/or Project Management and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office. We are interested in students who are willing to learn and possess excellent leadership and communication skills.
Our paid internship provides an amazing opportunity for students to gain practical experience and train with professionals with dozens of years of experience in the Natural Gas Industry.
- Data collection and analytics of construction projects.
- Assist with procedural and team updates.
- Prepare reports, specialized analysis, budget reports and review data.
- Building of department dashboard and SharePoint sites.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in Business Management or Mechanical Engineering (open to other Engineering disciplines)
- Must be in a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior status
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- CAD experience desired but not mandatory