Sen. Cortez Masto is looking for summer 2024 interns for her Reno district office. Interns will experience the constituent services process firsthand and learn how the Senator and her staff engage with and assist the people of Nevada.
In the Office of U.S. Senator Catherine Cortez Masto, interns will have the opportunity to:
- Intake constituent phone calls and opinions.
- Write certificates of recognition for individuals, organizations, or agencies to commend good deeds and actions throughout our community.
- Assist staff in resolving issues with federal agency casework.
- Watch/attend public meetings in Northern Nevada on various local, state and federal changes.
- Attend virtual and in-person events with staff across a wide spectrum of issue areas and topics.
Qualified candidates will:
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Have excellent interpersonal, customer relations and writing skills.
- Be detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Set priorities; adapt to changing priorities; meet time deadlines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those in the workplace.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise tact, initiative, prudence, and sound judgment within general policy, procedural, and legal guidelines.
- Possess a strong desire to help people.
This position provides the opportunity to be part of a diverse team that believes in fighting for the well-being and dignity of every Nevadan by bringing together stakeholders to find common sense, bipartisan solutions to the challenges facing Nevada and our nation.
The Office of U.S. Senator Cortez Masto offers a scholarship for students applying for internships at the offices in Nevada. The scholarship is open to Nevadans who are low-income and first-generation college students and those students continuing their studies at graduate schools.
The Office of U.S. Senator Catherine Cortez Masto is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the requirements of Senate Rules, regulations and applicable federal laws. The Office does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, uniformed service, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other factors prohibited by applicable federal law.
If interested in applying, please submit a resume, cover letter and letter of recommendation on our website at https://www.cortezmasto.senate.gov/help/constituent-services/internships/.